I don't know if you've missed pins of the week, but I have. Before I get to my favorite pins, though, some news you'll want to pay attention to if you run contests on Pinterest. Today Pinterest posted a clarification to its "acceptable use guidelines" to spell out what's ok and not ok when it comes to contests. Bottom line, from today forward they will no longer allow contests that:
- Suggest that Pinterest sponsors or endorses them or the promotion Require people to Pin from a selection (like a website or list of Pins)
- Make people Pin the contest rules
- Run a sweepstakes where each Pin, board, like or follow represents an entry
- Encourage spammy behavior, such as asking participants to comment Ask to vote with Pins, boards or likes
- Require a minimum number of Pins
Anyway, on to the pins...
- Canva. You'll definitely want to check out this awesome new graphic design tool if you need graphics for blog posts, want to design cards or business cards, or are like me and are graphic design-challenged but wish you weren't.
- Google Analytics Help. Google recently launched Analytics Academy, offering free community-based video courses about digital analytics. Perfect timing for my new job (yes, another new job...third time's the charm, right?)
- How to Set Up Goals in Google Analytics - Edit Goals and Funnels in Google Analytics. My learning goal for this year is to become an expert in all things Google Analytics, in case you sense a theme in these two pins.
- Olivia Pope Style. My current TV/Netflix obsession is Scandal. So super shout-out to my friend Mysba who steered me to a whole Pinterest board of Olivia Pope Style!
- And of course, it wouldn't be pins of the week without a cocktail.
In case you're wondering why I don't just embed the pins here; believe me, I tried....for all Squarespace's awesomeness, they for whatever reason apparently don't support embedded pins. Sigh. If I'm wrong and I'm just doing it wrong please, please correct me in the comments--I'd love to be wrong.